Saturday 11 April 2015

Late March and it’s snowing. There is nothing wrong about wearing fur for Spring if you live in Russia. Last year I wore a crop top with a small jacket on 27th of March (during the fashion season in Moscow). When I got out of my taxi, it was snowing, it didn't surprise me at all. I wasn't prepared for that kind of weather last season, but I knew what to expect next time. 
This year it’s getting worse. The weather is really cold and it’s still snowing. How to survive? Street style photographers, I feel bad for you.




 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia started on 26th March with BEssARION’s fashion show. I walked in and I wasn't even surprised - fashion show was right inside the exhibition hall of Manege.  (BEssARION is famous for his interesting locations and exciting shows). Collection was classy. It was all dark and I fell in love with fur gloves. But it was only the beginning of the fashion week.

I tried to look really bright every day. My style is different from others. I am not trying to prove something to the society, I am just being myself. I can’t live without platforms and wigs. I wore a deep blue wig on the first day and a dark brown wig on the fourth. 
Fall season showed us less collections than a previous one. I expected to see some more designers. But only 3 shows really impressed me. I fell in love with Dima Neu’s fashion show. His show was a pure art. It wasn't even about the clothes. It was about inspiration and image of the whole brand. The final catwalk made me speechless. A woman threw away all rose petals from the runway which were placed there before the beginning of the show while she was dancing and at the final and the most exciting moment she took the сurtain and it fell off - all models were standing in a pyramid on the background.


On the other day I fell in love with Julia Caesar’s fashion show. Her brand - 075 is one of the most iconic clothes brands in Moscow. From her first black collection to traditional Russian theme. Slogans and words on Russian as the main print are really annoying this year, but Julia is an exception. She created a great menswear collection which is going to be absolutely successful in sales and it will make her even more popular. She made her career in almost 3 years. She started from typical black outfits and came to her traditional style. What do I like about her? She never copies and she always brings into fashion her own fresh and bright ideas. 


The third show I fell in love with was PIROSMANI. PIROSMANI is a well known Russian brand which has it’s own style. Silhouettes are not sharp and colors are mostly black and grey. PIROSMANI’s men and women are self confident, they can wear whatever they want, but they always look perfect even if their outfits are a little bit grunge or punk. It feels like PIROSMANI is going to be on NYFW soon,because it deserves more attention.






Russian Fashion is really interesting. Some designers are just showing off - in Russia there are a lot of designers who steal Oscar de la Renta, Dolce & Gabbana & Moschino ideas, but some of them are really talented. Each year Russian designers show their latest collections. I get impressed by how fast our fashion industry is growing. Our fashion technologies are far from Italian or American, but we are working really hard to be on the highest level. That’s why I love Russia - we never give up.




No comments:

Post a Comment