Tuesday 3 February 2015

Geometry and sparkles

Where do you get your inspiration from? A famous Russian designer Mary KlÖ(who I met just few months ago) has an amazing style and sense of fashion.
One of her latest collections was inspired by geometry. 
Victoria  introduced me to her and we planned a photoshoot. 


I had no idea what kind of clothes I would wear for the photoshoot. Victoria said that clothes would have really sharp silhouettes and bright wonderful colors. I never thought I would see something beautiful and cute as Mary's creations.
The collection included sparkly mini skirts and bright orange and red dresses with circles and triangles.



Technologies go further and further every year. We re-invent everything and re-build old ideas into new projects.
I fell in love with the silver skirt which was covering just a half of my body. It seemed as a full skirt from one side, but from another side there was nothing. Why not? Wrong proportions and zigzags. I love that.


When I saw the collection for the first time, I thought of Rodchenko. He was in every silhouette, in every idea for me. I know that Mary took her inspiration from geometry and its standards, but Rodchenko was a huge fan of geometry too.







Each element is really important when we talk about geometry and clothes. Each detail has a meaning and you become a part of the structure when you wear it.
I've never been a fan of Rodchenko, but Mary made me feel like I was the biggest fan of geometry and bright colors and sharp lines.






Why do we wear bright and geometric coats nowadays? Let's go back to early 60's when London became a centre of fashion. Our parents were in love with Twiggy and her big eyes.
Season by season designers take inspiration from the second half of previous century.


Victoria Sorokina made a great photoshoot. Thanks. Cannot wait to wear something from Mary's latest collection during the next fashion week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment