Saturday 29 March 2014

 MBFWRussia #2 day


 The second day was really FABULOUS. I was not really impressed by any collection,but I fell in love with few coats. I was thinking about my look for a long period of time because I wanted to find something...fresh and new in my personality. I was inspired by Vivienne Westwood and late 80's. My dress and high platform shoes were all about Marc's grunge style,but hair make up and accessories were about Vivienne's spirit.
My black high platform heels are vintage,I got them from my mama! She used to be a model and she was wearing them right in early 90's!
Everyone was taking pictures of my look. But, to be honest, my outfit was really simple ! I got my blue wig from Monoroom,dress from TOPSHOP and black coat from MARCOBOLOGNA.
We visited the second day with my bestfriend Kristy and we were about to cry during first shows - they were really bad. They were bad about everything - from clothes to organisation.
The first fashion show we visited on the second day of MBFWRussia was Zalina Verkhovskaya. The collection was so bad. I  did not even take any picture of the clothes. It was just a big mistake to make a collection like that. If you have money and you spend it on the place on MBFW as a designer, you'd better spend this money on something else,because it's a waste when you show to people and fashionistas a collection like this. Moreover,few models were about to fall and their ponytails were horrible - I saw hairpins falling down right on the runway in front of me!
Thanks God,we were on the front row so we could spend our time by taking front row selfies. We decided to tell each other everything we feel about the collection, so that one was just a huge mistake.
With hopeless faces we entered the second fashion show by Yasya Minochkina (Ukraine). First 5 looks were pretty boring but then! I fell in love with most of Yasya's outfits. She did her best - from hair to silhouettes of each dress! That was absolutely MY style. I fell in love with pastel pink coats and bright red outfits. Hair and make up were really great - everything reminded me of grunge era (90's!).
After Yasya Minochkina's fashion show I met my friends-models on the backstage. They were preparing for ГОШ's fashion show at 10 pm.
I fell in love with every single boy!!! AGAIN! If I visited MENSWEAR fashion week I'd literally stop breathing and die.


   During my backstage experiences Kristy and our team took the second row on POUSTOVIT. The collection was pretty ! First dresses were pretty boring (I am being such a bad girl judging designers who work hard and bla bla bla,but I am just being real. Our words need reality,but our minds can stay in their own worlds),but then I saw some cute prints and silhouettes.
The problem of POSTIVIT was their collection looked more like Spring/Summer than Fall ?!?!? Really! The collection looked great on the runway and all that stuff but was it for the next winter,huh?
Most of Russian designers do not really understand what is happening. Did they study the history of fashion? Do they know about pre-falls or resorts? Are they sure their fall collections have enough clothes for winter? I have no idea. I pray for everyone. I pray for each Russian designer. If our Russian designers want to be something really HUGE in the future,they need to know their story,they need to know everything.            



 We were late for LAROOM fashion show but we watched it online, THAT show was GREAT. I fell in love with everything - from little details to colours and decorations. Their colours were pastel and soft, outfits were all about fall season - I saw some fur and silhouettes were really great - they reminded me of 80's. Moreover the silhouettes made everyone think of winter,not summer. And that was awesome.
My iphone is full of front row selfies from the second day. I am so happy I have so many different sunglasses which give me an opportunity to take such different front row selfies!
After LAROOM's fashion show my friends got tired and I had some free time to meet with others. I did not expect to meet my old friend,amazing & talented boy - Roma.
 We took our place on the front row of ГОШ's fashion show. I was fangirling of each male model walking in front of me. Moreover, I know most of boys personally and they look so cute on the runway and I cannot breathe.


 ГОШ fashion show was FABULOUS. The whole fashion show was amazing!!! From the idea of trap music ( or something like that, I am not good at trap, I'd better listen to Vivaldi) on the background to colours of each outfit.
 Calvin Klein used the idea of small messages to people in their fall 14/15 collections ( ,obsession, ,eternity, etc.), so I thought of CK when I saw the first sweater with the inscription ,ГОШ, .
But they are really different and I am not trying to compare the brands,just saying !
I fell in love with dresses and their deep blue colours! I want to buy the half of the collection for sure!
After ГОШ's fashion show I had no power to stay or even breathe so my mother brought me home and I fell asleep full of happiness and bright emotions!
I cannot wait for the third day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia. This is the place I really love. I know, we cannot even compare Russian fashion weeks with Milan or New-York FWs,but I still love them.


1 comment: